Below you will find a list of our 2019 Priorities for the Texas natural gas vehicle and station industry:
- Repeal the $0.15 per gallon State motor fuel tax. Currently, natural gas is the only alternative fuel that pays this tax.
- Repeal the State sales tax on the incremental cost of natural gas engines and conversions.
- Using a percentage of the existing TERP balance, fund the Government Alternative Fuels Vehicle Program that was passed in the 85th legislative session. No funding was allocated in the 85th legislative session.
- Create a secondary funding program under TERP for used alternative fuel vehicles.
- Reinstate the Alternative Fuels Facility Program that expired on August 31, 2018. This fuel neutral program is the only funding mechanism for refueling under TERP.